Injured by a Drunk Driver Over the Holidays?
If you were hurt by a drunk driver over the holiday season, you are likely entitled to compensation. Furthermore, if your loved one passed away in a drunk driving accident, you can also pursue a financial recovery. Hiring a personal injury attorney may be an essential first step towards obtaining justice.
Drunk Drivers Are Generally Liable for Their Actions
Holidays in St. Louis can be a heartwarming, joyous period in your life. The negligent actions of a drunk driver can, instead, turn the holidays into a nightmare.
All motorists must abide by their duty of care. This duty requires them to act reasonably—clearly, driving while intoxicated is an unreasonable act. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), drunk drivers may:
- Make poor decisions
- Have slow reflexes and reaction times
- Act impulsively
- Have a greater tolerance for risky behavior
- Lack concentration and a necessary focus on the road
- Exhibit poor coordination
There is no way around it: drunk drivers are a clear danger to themselves and others. The drunk driver who caused your accident may be financially responsible for their losses.
Others may also be liable for your damages. An establishment that overserved the drunk driver may have been negligent, making it liable. An employer of a driver who drove drunk while on the job could also be liable. An effective personal injury attorney will identify all liable parties in your case.
Should You Hire a Personal Injury Attorney for Your Drunk Driving Accident Case?
It’s always advisable to retain an attorney after an injury-causing car accident. Some of the ways in which a St. Louis personal injury lawyer can help you include:
- Evaluating your losses
- Identifying potentially liable parties
- Filing your claim and demand letter
- Representing you in settlement negotiations
- Filing a lawsuit on your behalf
Your lawyer will handle as much of your case as possible. They’ll generally investigate your accident and identify your losses. They’ll then pursue a fair financial recovery, either through a settlement or litigation.
What Are Recoverable Losses in a Drunk Driving Accident Case?
Every victim of a drunk driving accident experiences unique damages. Recoverable damages from your accident may include:
- Medical costs: You may be reimbursed for all accident-related healthcare expenses.
- Lost income: You may be without your normal income while injured. A settlement or judgment may cover all of your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: Your attorney should seek coverage of any trauma,
- Vehicle repairs: You may receive coverage for all property repairs or replacement, including those for your vehicle.
Our firm will conduct a thorough investigation of your losses. We’ll seek coverage for any damages that you’ve experienced, and may experience in the future.
Call Bruntrager & Billings, P.C. Today About Your Drunk Driving Case
Bruntrager & Billings, P.C. will seek justice for your drunk driving accident in St. Louis. Call our team today at 314-646-0066 or contact us online. Don’t wait to call. Your ability to file a case may have a time limit.