Have You Been Hurt in a Side Impact Collision in Missouri?
Side-impact crashes are among the most dangerous collisions people can be involved in because the force of one vehicle colliding with the side of another vehicle can place many people at serious risk of personal injury. When a car plows into the side of another motor vehicle, a driver or their occupants can be at risk of being seriously hurt because of a collision.
Side impact collisions can also cause enormous insurance concerns because it is always possible that both parties involved in a side impact collision will blame one another for being at fault for a collision. People who suffer serious injuries in these crashes can often be left in difficult positions in which they are unsure of who will be covering the costs of their medical care, lost wages, and other damages.
Getting Compensation for Side Impact Collision in Missouri
Any person who is involved in a side impact collision will want to be quick to hire a skilled car accident lawyer for help holding a negligent party accountable. The first thing that an attorney can do for a victim is help prove why one party was at fault for a side impact collision and then work to ensure that driver’s insurance company will cover all damages arising from the crash.
It is important for people to understand that there are several possible causes of side impact collisions. Bruntrager & Billings, P.C. has experience handling side impact accidents involving such causes as:
- Failure to Yield — Many side impact collisions stem from one driver failing to yield the right of way to another driver.
- Speeding — One driver can cause a side impact collision simply by driving too fast for conditions.
- Merging Accidents — Some drivers do not properly adjust their speeds or make other errors while merging that causes collisions.
- Illegal Turns — Another driver could try performing a prohibited U-turn or other maneuver that causes an accident.
- Reckless Driving — It is always possible that another driver causes a side impact collision as the simple result of recklessness.
- Inclement Weather — Rain, snow, or other poor conditions can impact roadways and drivers who do not adjust their speeds accordingly can be more likely to be involved in wrecks.
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) — Drivers who operate while under the influence of alcohol or drugs are always more likely to cause side impact collisions.
When you or your loved one suffer injuries in a side impact collision, you will want to have legal representation on your side because an insurance company for the negligent driver is not likely to treat you fairly in handling your claim for compensation. Many insurers will try to claim another party was at fault or use other tricks to try and limit their losses, but a lawyer will know how to fight to help you get as much as possible.
Call Us Today to Schedule a Free Consultation with a St. Louis Car Accident Attorney
If you suffered severe injuries or your loved one was killed in a side impact accident in the St. Louis area, do not wait another moment to seek legal help. Bruntrager & Billings, P.C. will be able to assist you with your injury claim and know how to fight for every last dollar available to you.
Our firm understands the inherent challenges of side impact collisions but will also know how to overcome any obstacles. You can call (314) 646-0066 or contact us online to set up a free consultation with our St. Louis car accident attorney.